We are an indigenous Non-Profit and Non-Governmental Organization with head office in Abuja and field offices in several locations in Nigeria.
We are in search of highly skilled, dynamic, committed, bright individuals with good work ethics and high level of integrity to work with our highly experienced team.
If your energy for our vision of saving lives, along with technical skills match our need to keep delivering a Program that continues to strengthen the health system in Nigeria then apply if the position below suits your skills and abilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Treatment and Support Associate
Job Code: CSU950
Location: (Gombe-1 position)
- Provide individual and family adherence support and education including but not limited to: the importance of treatment, how and when to take medications, understanding medication side effects and helping the patient manage and report them, identifying barriers and developing strategies to overcome them, etc.
- Support Community ART support groups to strengthen PLHIV support groups to be used as a platform for providing psychosocial support, adherence support and client education, PHDP, and economic strengthening activities.
- Ensure health facility and community based adherence support and monitoring for PLHIV in other to optimize client retention.
- Lead the tracking of defaulters in a timely manner in order to maximize client retention.
- Ensure that key elements of PHDP services are provided in an integrated manner at the health facilities and communities
- Work with the team to identify unmet needs that may impact adherence (homelessness, substance abuse, psychiatric illness, acute medical problems, lack of or inadequate health care benefits, etc.) and assist team with prioritizing those needs.
- Provide case specific supervision and assist case managers with monitoring adherence to prescribed medical treatment plans, including antiretroviral and other drug therapies.
- Support the use of appointment diaries and other innovative means such as sms and home care to ensure clients keep their hospital appointments and also adhere to their medication.
- Support the role out of community adherence support including development of SOP in consultation with the central thematic lead, mentoring supervision of community volunteers, and service documentation.
- Establish and oversee implementation of VSLA model for Community based ART groups
- Oversee food bank activities at the comprehensive health care facilities.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Ability.
- Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Social Sciences or a related field. Minimum of 4 years’ experience working on international health issues including HIV, with at least 2 years’ experience working on HIV/AIDS counselling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
- Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation; Strong supervisory and management skills; Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Good written and oral communication skills. Excellent team player with good inter personal skills.
Application Closing Date
27th May, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the Application Documents below in Microsoft Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Current CV
Suitability statement not more than 200 words indicating position and location.
- The subject of the email should be the “Job Code, Location And Applicant Full Name”; e.g. COM 01, Abuja, ESTHER ISA.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.