Reconciliation Officer at a Reputable Health Maintenance Organization – Sigma Consulting Group
Sigma Consulting Group – Our client, a reputable Health Maintenance Organization in Lagos State, requires the services of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Reconciliation Officer
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- The activities of the Reconciliation Officer include; reconciling old debts, scrutinize bills about to be sent out, maintaining billing records, inputting billing data in the HMO software system, uploading allocating and filing receipts, negotiating with Health Service providers on Financial issues, balancing billing records on a daily and monthly basis, etc.
- The preferred candidate would also be responsible for tracking money owed by Clients.
READ ALSO: Amazing Health Tips – Health blog for you
- Reconciling payments to ensure the accounting system reflects the correct transactions
- General ledger reconciliations
- Account reconciliations such as bank, inventory control, clearing, billings etc.
- Issue receipts to customers on receipt of payments
- Performing daily financial transactions such as verifying, calculating and posting accounts receivable data
- Supporting the month-end process
- Generatingmonth end reports
- Uploads bills and claim forms online.
- Manage account balances to discover outstanding debts or other inconsistencies
- Send reminders for payments and contact Hospitals when assigned.
- Update accounting records with new payments, balances, customer information etc.
- Answer questions and handle complaints from Clients (Hospitals) regarding bills.
- Report on activity to upper management.
- Performs other tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Healthcare, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years post-graduate clinical experience in a well-structured Health Facility or as a Reconciliation Officer in an HMO.
- Customer service experience is a bonus.
- Adheres to laws and confidentiality guidelines.
- Attention to detail;
- A people person with very strong interpersonal skills;
- Has the experience of relating easily with people at various levels and building relationships;
- Friendly but with very strong negotiation and persuasive skills;
- Experience working with Excel (intermediate to advanced), Outlook and able to prepare PPT presentations and insightful / detailed reports;
- Ability to be polite and compassionate without lacking confidence.
- Sound negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
Application Closing Date
10th October, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online