Occupational Health And Safety Officer Vacancy at White Soul Motors Limited an incorporated in 1996 is a leading importer, distributor and marketer of various brands of brand new and very clean foreign used vehicles.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Role: Health and Safety Supervisor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Job Type: Full time
- White Soul Motors, a highly reputable transport company is looking to engage the services of a Health and Safety Supervisor to facilitate compliance with health and safety guidelines. The ideal candidate would be responsible for providing advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations, constantly on the lookout for violations and largely focused on prevention.
- The ideal candidate will also be detail-oriented and ready to act in emergencies and help achieve the organizational goals which includes establishing a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a culture of attention to health and safety.
Key Functions of the Role
- Support the development of safety policies and programs
- Advise and train all other personnel on various safety-related topics i.e. PPE, etc
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation and clients’ standards
- Initiate and organize health and safety training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Outline safe operational procedures which identify and take into account all relevant hazards
- Carry out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented
- Prepare health and safety strategies and develop internal policy
- Lead in-house training with managers and employees about health and safety issues and risks
- Keep records of inspection findings and produce reports that suggest improvements
- Record incidents and accidents and produce statistics for managers
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain a working knowledge of all Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation and any developments that affect the our client relationships
- Ensure equipment is installed safely
- Advise on a range of specialist areas, e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- B.Sc./BA in Safety Management, Engineering or relevant field is preferred
- Certificate in occupational health and safety
- Min of 7 years of experience working as a Health and Safety Supervisor
- Experience in the transport/logistics industry is a must
- Must be located in Calabar or willing to relocate
- Proven experience as safety officer
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
- Must be agile
Application Closing Date
1st July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the role applied as the subject of the email.