Infertility is the inability of a man To make his wife pregnant after a year of cohabitation and sexual intimacy and his wife is unable to achieve pregnancy.
Male infertility is caused by numerous factors and according to the Washington centre for Guidiance and Counselling published 2019, it is the leading cause of divorce in the world.
Because knowledge of the normal, will help us to know what is abnormal.
Structure of male reproductive system
The diagrams below and above is a full structure of the male reproductive system which I believe most of us have seen before.
Unlike a woman, most of a man’s reproductive system is located outside of his body.
These external structures include the penis, the scrotum housing the two testis.
The organs of the male reproductive system are specialized for the following functions:
1. To produce, maintain and transport sperm (the male reproductive cells) and protective fluid (semen).
2. To discharge sperm within the female reproductive tract.
3. To produce and secrete male sex hormones
The male reproductive anatomy includes internal and external structures.
What are the external male reproductive structures?
1: Penis — The body of the penis is cylindrical in shape and consists of three internal chambers. These chambers are made up of special, sponge-like erectile tissue. This tissue contains thousands of large spaces that fill with blood when the man is sexually aroused.
As the penis fills with blood, it becomes rigid and erect, which allows for penetration during sexual intercourse. The skin of the penis is loose and elastic to allow for changes in penis size during an erection. (NOTE THIS AS THIS IS ONE ABNORMALITY WHY MEN DO HAVE WEAK ERECTION)
2. Scrotum — The scrotum is the loose pouch-like sac that hangs behind the penis. It contains the testicles (also called testes), as well as many nerves and blood vessels. The scrotum has a protective function & climate control system for the testes.
For normal sperm development, the testes must be at a temperature slightly cooler than the body temperature. Special muscles in the wall of the scrotum allow it to contract (tighten) and relax, moving the testicles closer to the body for warmth and protection or farther away from the body to cool the temperature (NOTE THIS TOO).
3. Testicles (testes) — Most men have two testes. The testes are responsible for making testosterone, the primary male sex hormone, and for producing sperm, called Spermatogenesis.
4. Epididymis — The epididymis is located at the backside of each testicle. It functions is carrying and storage of the sperm cells that are produced in the testes.
The job of the epididymis is to bring the sperm to maturity, since the sperm that emerge from the testes are immature and incapable of fertilization. During sexual arousal, contractions force the sperm into the vas deferens.
What are the internal male reproductive organs?
The internal organs of the male reproductive system, also called accessory organs, include the following:
- Vas deferens — The vas deferens is a long, muscular tube that travels from the epididymis into the pelvic cavity, to just behind the bladder. The vas deferens transports mature sperm to the urethra in preparation for ejaculation. (SEE DIAGRAM ABOVE FOR SIGHTING) now if you like to know, the vas deferens can be block.
- Ejaculatory ducts: These are formed by the fusion of the vas deferens and the seminal vesicles. The ejaculatory ducts empty into the urethra.
- Urethra — The urethra is the tube that carries urine from the bladder to outside of the body. In males, it has the additional function of expelling (ejaculating) semen when the man reaches orgasm. When the penis is erect during sex, the flow of urine is blocked from the urethra, allowing only semen to be ejaculated at orgasm.
- Prostate gland — is located below the urinary bladder The prostate gland contributes additional fluid to the ejaculate. Prostate fluids also help to nourish the sperm to fertility.
- Seminal vesicles makes up most of the volume of a man’s ejaculatory fluid, or ejaculate. The seminal vesicles produce a sugar-rich fluid (fructose) that provides sperm with a source of energy and helps the sperm to move in the vaginal.
- Bulbourethral glands — These glands produce a clear, slippery fluid that empties directly into the urethra. This fluid serves to lubricate the urethra and to neutralize any acidity that may be present due to residual drops of urine in the urethra.
IF YOU DON’T KNOW THE MECHANISM OF YOUR BODY AS A MAN, YOU WON’T KNOW WHEN THEY BEGIN TO DYSFUNCTION.
BEING ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE NORMALITY PROVIDE HELP FOR THE ABNORMAL.
How does the male reproductive system function?
The entire male reproductive system is dependent on hormones, which are chemicals that stimulate or regulate the activity of cells or organs. The hormones involved are:
1. Follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH)
2. Luteinizing hormone (LH) and
FSH and LH are produced by the pituitary gland located at the back of the brain. FSH is necessary for sperm production (spermatogenesis), and LH stimulates the production of testosterone which is necessary to continue the process of spermatogenesis.
Testosterone is Responsible for the development of male characteristics, including muscle mass and strength, fat distribution, bone mass and sex drive.
Causes Of Male Infertility Also Known As Abnormality Of The Male Sex Organs.
Some of the common causes of male infertility are:
1. Azoospermia is condition where by a man’s semen contains no sperm this is as a result is inadequate stimulation of the testis to produce sperm.
2. Oligospermia (oligozoospermia) refers to low sperm count in this condition, the semen contains a low concentration of sperm
The Normal sperm count is 15million to more than 200Million sperm per millimeter (ML).
So if your sperm is lower than 15 Million per millimeter (ML) you can’t make your wife pregnant!
3. Hypogonadism means diminished functional activity of the gonads (the testes) that may result in diminished production of sex hormones (Testosterone).
The cause of hypogonadism is very simple.
- Wearing of tight boxers.
- Drugs (Sex Booster)
4. Vas deferens obstruction this is as a result of untreated infection resulting to cystic fibrosis of the vas deferens tissue. Go for Scrotal scan.
There are some men who do not release sperm at all.
These set of men are obviously having vas deferens obstructions or blockage of the ejaculotary duct and one way to find out is to do Scrotal scanning.
Sometimes scanning of the scrotum can reveal retrograde ejaculation.
How Is Male Infertility Diagnose?
- General physical examination and medical history. This includes examining your Scrotum, testis and penis and asking questions about any inherited conditions, chronic health problems, illnesses, injuries or surgeries that could affect fertility. You might also be ask about your sexual habits and about your sexual development during puberty.
- Semen analysis. Semen samples will be obtained from a man through ejaculating into a special container Your semen is then sent to a laboratory to measure the number of sperm present and look for any abnormalities in the shape (morphology) and movement (motility) of the sperm.
- Scrotal ultrasound: A scrotal ultrasound can determine if there is a varicocele or other problems in the testicles and supporting structures.
- Hormone testing: A blood test measures the level of testosterone, Luteinizing, Follicle stimulating Hormone in your body
- Urine M/C/S (Microscopic Culture and sensitivity): Your Early morning Urine will be taken and Culture for Urinary tract infections.
Other Diagnostic test includes
- Post-ejaculation urinalysis.
- Genetic tests
- Testicular biopsy
- Specialized sperm function tests.
- Transrectal ultrasound
- Anti-sperm Antibodies Test
A sperm cell count from 15million and above is considered fertile. Less than 15millon (ML) is considered Low.
- Certain Hypertensive medication can lead to Erectile dysfunction.
So always check your blood pressure and Sugar level as well.
The Management Of Infertility In Men
The drug management of this condition I listed above is already dealt with. Drug Management.
In case of Infections, Doxycline, Fluconazole and Levofloxacin are drugs of choice.
See drug used to Cure Premature Erection, Impotence And Quick Ejaculation
Infertility And Erectile Dysfunction
- Fruit therapy is a lifestyle
- Like wise Food therapy
The therapy God already gave us but we decided to abuse our body with unhealthy lifestyle leading to the destruction of our marriage with our hands accusing the wrong person in the marriage…
Most women like strong & rigid penis and pretend to cope instead of enjoying life well with God’s special gift.
Some of the fruits that can boost sperm count and achieve fertility are listed below:
- Organic Egg
- Plant based milk like Tigernut milk
- Ugu (pumpkin)
These are very powerful fruits I have used and recommended for many people who lack Vitamins and nutrients.
Some Fruit Recipes To Cure Infertility In Men
Avocado popularly called Testicle tree. It contains potassium but also has Zinc and Vitamin E.
VITAMIN E A very important vitamin that supports fertility.
While potassium helps the heart function properly to pump blood,
Zinc increases level of testosterone while vit E increases sperm quality..
- Coconut oil
- Garlic(optional) dilates blood vessels and increase blood flow to penis
- High in magnesium and iron (we know iron helps in production of red blood cells) And the heart needs blood to pump to penis.
- Coconut water (optional)
This water is usually used as a base when blending
NOTE: You are to blend all this fruits together and drink twice daily for a minimum of three months.
2: RIGOR Recipe
Main Ingredient: Tigernut, Oat, unripe plantain powder Oat.
- Date has iron to produce red blood cells
- Ginger increase blood flow
- Oat contains amino acid. L-arginine that treats erectile dysfunction
- Tigernut contains same amino acids which doesn’t just increase blood flow but also sperm count.
- Unripe plantain
- Tigernut milk
Use Coconut water as Base or clean water
Blend this Recipes all together and drink twice daily for 3 months minimum.
Main ingredients: Carrots, Orange, watermelon.
Watermelon Seed has been found to be very great and acts a Viagra…
Carrots basically helps for motility of sperm due to the presence of carotenoids
Oranges and other citrus fruits contains vitamins that products testes from free radicals which damages the Cells.
You can add (garlic) optional but if you are hypertensive it will help you a lot in blood flow more.
NOTE YOU ARE TO CHOOSE FROM ANY OF THIS RECIPES PREPARE AND CONSUME FOR 3MONTHS MINIMUM.