A foremost Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) is urgently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Care Coordinator
Job Type: Full Time
Job Description / Responsibilities
- Provision of hands-on care to patients by administering medications, managing intravenous lines, observing and monitoring patients’ conditions, maintaining records and communicating with doctors.
- Administer nursing care to ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled patients.
- Advise patients on health maintenance and disease prevention or provide case management give direction and supervision to nurse aides and home health aides.
- Provide emotional support to patients and patients’ family members and educate patients and the general public on disease management, special diet plans and medical conditions.
- Help patients and their families understand how to manage their diseases or health issues and provide information on home care after their treatment and teach individuals how to self-administer medication or complete other self-care tasks.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions
- Observe and record patients’ vital signs
- Prepare patients for surgery and assist with procedures
- Prepare rooms, sterile instruments, equipment and supplies
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations, calling for assistance from health care support personnel
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information.
Qualification and Requirements
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing from a reputable university, professional qualification would be an advantage.
- Registered Nurse
- NYSC Discharged Certificate
- Minimum of three (3) years working experience with HMO.
- Sound knowledge on health insurance policy and process (HMO)
- Knowledge of the medications to be provided to the patients
- Good communications skills
- Ability to access the patient’s needs quickly is very important in such critical cases
- Respond promptly to emergency situations and take appropriate decisions
- Should be comfortable working in various settings.
N100,000 – N150,000 monthly.
Application Closing Date
8th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
For Premium News on Latest Job and Health Information from our website, click HERE to Join EXCLUSIVE HEALTH INFORMATION NETWORK Telegram Channel.