Achievers University, Owo Undergraduate Admissions for 2020/2021 Academic Session
Achievers University, Owo was approved and licensed by the Federal Government of Nigeria in 2007. It commenced academic activities on 2nd April, 2008. The University, which is situated in a serene and conducive environment, has matriculated 13 sets of students and graduated nine sets of ‘Achievers’ who are making their marks in all spheres of human endeavours.
Achievers University is fully residential, offering security-conscious accommodation for all students on campus, with a full complement of facilities for comfort and functionality.
The University hereby invites prospective students to apply for the following undergraduate programmes:
A. COLLEGE OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES (COSMAS)
- B.Sc. Accounting
- B.Sc. Business Administration
- B.Sc. Economics
- B.Sc. Mass Communication
- B.Sc. Political Science
- B.Sc. International Relations (including a three-month French language programme abroad)
- B.Sc. Public Administration
- B.Sc. Sociology
- B.Sc. Criminology & Security Studies
B. COLLEGE OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES (CONAS)
- B.Sc. Microbiology
- B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Computer Science
- B.Sc. Geology
- B.M LS Medical Laboratory Science
- B.NSc. Nursing Science
- B.Sc. Plant Science and Biotechnology
C. COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (COET)
- B.Eng. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- B.Eng. Computer Engineering
- B.Eng. Telecommunications Engineering
- B.Eng. Mechatronics Engineering
- B.Eng. Biomedical Engineering
D. COLLEGE OF LAW (COL)
LL.B – Bachelor of Laws
All the programmes are approved and accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC) and relevant professional regulatory agencies.
The Governing Council of the University has approved free tuition for the first three academic sessions in the following programmes:
1. B.Sc. Accounting
2. B.Sc. Business Administration
3. B.Sc. Economics
4. B.Sc. Political Science
5. B.Sc. Public Administration
6. B.Sc. Sociology
7. B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry
8. B.Sc. Biochemistry
9. B.Sc. Geology
10. B.Sc. Plant Science and Biotechnology
GENERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
A. UTME CANDIDATES
- Candidates are required to have sat for the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) with a minimum score of 160 as approved by NUC and JAMB.
- Applicant must also obtain a minimum of five (5) credit passes at not more than two sittings in WAEC (SSCE)/ NECO (SSCE) or NABTEB. These should include English Language, Mathematics and any three other subjects relevant to the course of study. For LL.B., the five credit passes should include English Language and Literature in English.
B. DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES
(i.) DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES (200 LEVEL)
As for A (ii.) above, but with 2 passes at either A Level, JUPEB exam, HSC, ND or NCE, or ATS results in relevant discipline. Candidates are also expected to have purchased the Direct Entry JAMB form.
- B.NSc., candidates shall, in addition to A (ii.) above, hold at least two A Level passes (Grades A— E) in Biology/Zoology and any one of Chemistry or Physics; OR the Registered Nursing Diploma Certificate (RN) of the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria; OR a B.Sc. degree in any of the Biological Sciences at not lower than a Second Class Lower level.
- B.Eng. programmes, candidates shall, in addition to A (ii.) above, hold at least two A Level passes, including Mathematics and Physics; OR National Diploma (Upper Credit) in Engineering.
- L.B., candidates shall, in addition to A (ii.) above, have obtained two papers at Principal or Advanced level in HSC, GCE or JUPEB; OR an acceptable bachelor’s degree.
(II). DIRECT ENTRY CANDIDATES (300 LEVEL)
Candidates for these programmes should be holders of HND in their respective fields of study. HND in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Statistics or Mathematics is acceptable for B.Sc. Computer Science. HND in Computer Engineering or Electrical & Electronics Engineering is acceptable for B.Eng. Electrical and Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering and Biomedical Engineering.
Professional certificates such as ACA, ACIB, ACIS, ACIN and ACTT are acceptable for B.Sc. Business Administration or B.Sc. Accounting. This is in addition to A (ii.) above.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates who did not choose Achievers University in the JAMB UTME and Direct Entry forms can process admissions by visiting the JAMB portal and changing their JAMB first choice institution to Achievers University. Application for admission can be fully processed online via the University website, www.achievers.edu.ng. Prospective students may also visit the University Registry to obtain admission forms and process admission.
Those who chose Achievers University as first choice are to pay a screening fee of N2,000 while those who did not choose the University as first choice should pay N7,500 to Ecobank Account No. 5282011354.
Please, note that candidates awaiting results can also apply.
NEW AT ACHIEVERS UNIVERSITY
The vision of Achievers University is “to produce a total person, morally sound, properly educated and entrepreneurially oriented, who would be useful to himself and the society …”.In line with this vision, Achievers University has a unique feature that gives parents and guardians extra value to the training of their children/wards during their course of study. Every student has the opportunity to earn a certificate in any of the following programmes:
- Diploma in Law
- Certificate in Computer Programming
- Diploma in Computer Studies
- Diploma in French Language
- Diploma in Procurement Process
- Diploma in Theology and Church History
- Diploma in Library Studies
The programmes are designed for students to be more properly equipped for the labour market after graduation. For further enquiries, visit the University website, www.achievers.edu.ng or contact the following: Bayo: 0803-343-2195, Sola: 0803-370-8660, Alaba: 0803-706-2508, Bunmi: 0703-847-7064.
Rev. Canon S. B. Oladimeji